Pages

Wednesday 8 March 2017

The Ultimate Ice Tea

Summer is starting to fade here in Johannesburg and we are making the best of it. Lexi and I have been spending our days in the garden, as much as possible. To encourage Lexi to drink more (and in keeping with our summery days), I have been making batches of ice tea and adding fruit. 


Rooibos ice tea with mint and pomegranate ice cubes

My fellow South Africans will agree with me, rooibos tea makes the best ice tea! To make it you will need:

4 rooibos tea bags
honey (I use raw, local honey)
fruit of your choice (we like lemon, peach, mint, pomegranate and strawberries)

Pour boiling water over your tea bags in a large jug and let steep overnight. If you don't like your tea strong let the tea bags steep in cold water. Remove the tea bags and stir in honey to taste. I use one tablespoon and it gives the tea just a hint of sweetness. Place fruit and ice in your glass and pour the cooled tea over. 

Give it a try and let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment